Digital Insomnia seeks a talented, energetic and versatile Web Developer to join our dynamic team.
The candidate will develop and maintain a variety of Drupal-based, HTML/5 and WordPress websites and field projects for Digital Insomnia programs and our staff across North America. The position is based in Metchosin, British Columbia
Your primary focus will be on one specific client and overflow for other projects when time is available. However we have consistent clients that require attention. We are a very fast growing studio and this position will definately have to be for the right person who wants to grow with us.
A good sense of humour and an easy going hard working attitude is a must. We are a small studio and work in the middle of the woods surrounded by beauty and inspiration. We have fun while working hard, you must be able to do the same.
• Works with dynamic project teams to conceptualizes, design and implement technology
• Develops, supports and maintains Digital Insomnia’s websites;
• Participates in the coding stages for the lifecycle, including software security and documentation;
• A strong understanding of all social media networks and hootsuite
• Be flexible, have an open mind and be prepared to laugh and work hard
• Social Media knowledge a must
• SEO savvy and experienced
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical degree; Although a very strong proven portfolio may be considered
• Minimum two (2) years of computer programming experience in a university, professional or related setting;
• Drupal CMS 6 & 7 experience required (we know 7 is new)
• Relational database experience, including MySQL,
• Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of Digital Insomnia staff
• Alongside US and foreign, members of donor and non-profit organizations, funders, and policy makers;
• Excellent oral communications skills to effectively present information, respond to questions;
• Smooth multi-tasking among four or more responsibilities;
• Fluency in written and spoken English. Additional language skills would be an asset.
You must be able to commute to our office in Metchosin 3-4 days a week in order to apply. Public transportation is available but not very convenient.
Please e-mail your resume and a sample of your work (under 5MB)/ or a link to your online portfolio to careers[at]digitalinsomnia.ca. Please write “Programmer Application” in the subject line when submitting. Sample work should include at least one project capturing the entire design process showing your ability to think and sketches to final design.
Applicants without a resume/ work samples will not be considered.
This will be a three month probation period for the right candidate to prove they want to be part of our fast growing team.
Digital Insomnia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.